Two weeks after release, Arab girl tries to stab again 

An indictment was filed Monday against a 15-year-old Arab girl for two counts of attempted murder and two counts of possession of a knife, after she tried twice to carry out deadly stabbing attacks against Jews in Jerusalem.


According to the indictment, on December 6 the terrorist minor decided to carry out a deadly stabbing attack against Jews and die during the attack, in order to become a “martyr.”


The girl left her home in the morning with a Koran and a cutting board in her backpack, and headed to Damascus Gate in the Old City. Upon her arrival, she entered a store on Sultan Suleiman Street and bought a set of five knives in various sizes. Afterwards, she proceeded to the City of David compound to carry out the attack.


When she reached the compound she entered the bathroom and opened the knife kit, pulled out the biggest knife and put it in her backpack. She then sat down on a bench and looked for a suitable victim to stab to death. However, a tourist who suspected her behavior alerted security forces and they arrested her and prevented the attack.


The minor lied to police during the interrogation and claimed that she bought the knives for her home kitchen. The next day, the Jerusalem Magistrate’s Court ordered her release to house arrest for two days under the supervision of her parents.


Two weeks later, the minor decided to try again. She arrived in the morning to the Old City, with a serrated kitchen knife in her backpack and decided to execute the attack in the Jewish Quarter. But first, she entered the Temple Mount compound where she remained for some time, and prayed in the Al-Aqsa Mosque.


When she reached the Jewish quarter in the early afternoon, she started looking for a suitable victim to stab. At around 2 p.m. she took the knife out of the bag and hid it in a nearby fence then sat down on a bench in the plaza. Once again, she aroused the suspicion of a passerby, who alerted security forces, who then proceeded conducted a search. When it turned out that she wasn’t carrying anything, they told her to leave.


Shortly after, she returned to the spot where she hid the knife, secretly placed it into the sleeve of her shirt, and again searched for a suitable victim to stab to death. Shortly before 3 p.m. she was arrested by security forces who prevented another deadly attack.



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s